Monday, May 27, 2013

Prodigy kids from 'Guqin for Kids' (book + DVD)

Screenshots of the kids (prodigy extraordinaires really) who performed the guqin tunes in the 'Guqin for kids' DVD. I was floored after watching the teaching material. Very impressive. It only costs about the same as a McDonalds meal in Singapore (RMB40 or about SG$9 or around US$7). Personally, I'd be using this kids learning material to learn how to play guqin from now on. Yes! Don't laugh! The book and DVD set is really that excellent! In the DVD the kids played many difficult and beautiful pieces (list of pieces can be seen in the photo here) that many adults (even a silly 40 year old like me, haha) may have problems playing.

Support guqin teaching material publishers. Buy it from http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=18438032368&ali_trackid=2:mm_40715376_0_0:1369628367_3k5_921534849&spm=2014.12309527.1.0





























 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I wonder if you could tell me how to contact your teacher? I'm curious how much guqin lessons cost and whether he teaches beginners? I tried emailing him through his website but he didn't reply.

    Does he have another email address? Are you taking lessons at his home?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can contact Mr John Thompson at SilkQin.com but you need to hurry! He plans to return to the USA in August or September 2013 after 3 years in Singapore. Please email me at shawnhow (at) outlook (dot) com and I will email his personal mobile number in Singapore to you. He has 2 very high quality guqins for sale which he hand carried back from HongKong. They are so good that I have not played any guqins like them yet. Mr Thompson also offers Skype lessons, so no worries. He can still teach you via Skype even after he returns to New York after September 2013.

      Delete