Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Chinese calligraphy - 5 character + 7 character red couplets

Practice pieces of Chinese calligraphy in NAFA on Tuesday night. One was a 5 character couplet. The other pair is a 7 character couplet. Lots of red color; felt like Chinese New Year! My calligraphy teacher said that there's some smudging, and the words were too "translucent" because the ink I used was not thick enough. I totally concur. *smile*

This was the 3 class of the 4th term in NAFA in 2012. It is now September 2012. I have been learning calligraphy in NAFA from scratch since January 2012.

After writing from 7pm-9pm, our calligraphy teacher, Madam Feng, treated everyone to mooncakes and tea! We (1 teacher + 8 students) had a party and took some pictures.

Please share some links or pics of your favorite calligraphy pieces to inspire me! Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment